Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello world!

I'm a blogger now! Well, actually I have a blog on MySpace, but I don't know if that really counts. Anyway, welcome! I guess better late than never.

Because it's late, let me cut to the chase...

1) Today saw the swearing in of President Barack Hussein Obama! WHOO fucking HOOO!!!! Finally, some competency and compassion in the White House! I broke out in a huge smile while watching him take the oath and give his inaugural address. It was a good feeling, and made me realize that I don't smile enough. But that's another thought for another time.

2) It's about 32 hours until the Academy Award nominations are announced, and I can't wait. I am so emotionally invested in The Dark Knight... if the film is not nominated for best picture, I will a) likely because physically ill and b) destroy something in my apartment. To prepare for the worst, I will probably set aside some inexpensive items that I won't be concerned about bashing to shreds if necessary. And I'm sorry, I don't even want to hear it about Slumdog Millionaire. Saw it this weekend: great film, heart-tugging rags-to-riches/finding lost love story. I really get why people are in love with this film. But this film is NOT BETTER than The Dark Knight. Not by a mile. Sorry Danny boy, but Batman's got you by the balls. Hopefully, the Oscar voters will agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment